are you fuckin kiddin me like what kinda people just captions this ‘cake gifs’ and walks away this shit fucking put a spell on me i was unable to look away it was wild start to fucking finish that looks like REAL CAKE it looks like i can reach out and have me some god damn cake. damn son
the results are in!
crappy edit is crappy but hey who doesn’t like bublé lbr
before we begin, just a few reminders:
- you still have a few days to enter my botm so go and check that out
- riel, thially and i also have our bastards of westeros network, which is still accepting entries!
- oh and here is my vintage blog
- i also added a few new categories to my awards: nicest/funniest blogger, best updates tab, best domain and best creations
- i think that’s it
- i should have some more news either later on today or tomorrow so stay tuned for that
Best URL - the catelyn tully award
Best Domain - the kaylee frye award
Best Theme - the sansa stark award
- WINNER: @ladyofhousestark
- RUNNER UP:queendaenxrys
Best Posts - the han solo award
Best Icon - the natalie dormer award
Best Sidebar - the steve rogers award
Best Updates Tab - the robbie williams award
Best Game of Thrones - the iron throne award
Best Marvel - the ms. marvel award
Best Multifandom - the mako mori award
Most Underrated Blogger (under 300 followers) - the bran stark award
Best Creations - the lily allen award
Nicest/Funniest Blogger - the broad city award
My Personal Favorite/Best Overall - the carrie fisher award
- WINNER: queentyrells
congratulations to all the winners+runner ups, and thank you to everyone for participating! if i could pick each and every one of you to win, i would. you all have amazing blogs, and it’s an honour having you as friends and followers
- a follow, if i’m not already following you
- a spot on the post announcing the winners
- unlimited promos throughout the summer
- a sketch of a character/ship/etc of your choosing
- pride & satisfaction
- my everlasting love and friendship
THANK YOU SO MUCH CAS ILY <3
All my favorite Harry Potter bad lip reading gifs I have collected
Why you should be in passionate horny love with Elizabeth ‘Nellie Bly’ Cochrane
- Born in 1864/65, Elizabeth, one of 15 children, was always ‘the rebellious one’. Fierce as fuck from an early age, she testified against her abusive stepfather in her mother’s divorce trial.
- In 1880 she enrolled in a teacher-training college but had to leave after her first semester due to lack of funding - then moved to Pittsburgh to help run a goddamn boarding school.
- This is where we get to the good shit. Age 18, she wrote a letter-to-the-editor of the Pittsburgh Dispatch bitchslapping the everloving fuck out of a sexist ballsack of an article entitled ‘What Girls Are Good For’.
- The editor was so goddamn wooed by her razor-sharp tongue that he RAN AN AD asking her to identify herself. Elizabeth owned up, and was hired instantaneously, her badassery radiating from her pores and intoxicating all within a twenty mile radius.
- Working under the pen-name Nellie Bly, Elizabeth kicked the butts of morons everywhere, writing articles aimed at social justice, particularly labour laws to protect working ‘girls’ and reform of Pennsylvania’s divorce law, which greatly favoured men.
- Not content with changing the world from behind her desk, Elizabeth became a founding mother of investigative journalism. She was expelled from Mexico for exposing political corruption, and henceforth wrapped in cotton wool by her editors. Infuriated by their mollycoddling, Lizzie left them a note essentially telling them to fuck themselves and hot footed it to NYC. She was still only 23.
- Within six months she was hired by Joseph fucking Pulitzer himself, and continued her batshit crazy investigations uninhibited. Her very first assingment had her feigning mental illness to expose repulsive conditions in Blackwell’s Island Insane Asylum. Her cutting report was so fucking horrifying, compelling and persuasive that it triggered public and political action, leading to reform of the institution.
- In the next couple of years she had herself thrown in jail and hired by a sweatshop, all for shits and giggles. Oh, and to uncover incomprehensible injustice, cruelty, poverty, and the concealed, heinous treatment of the vulnerable and voiceless.
- But was pioneering journalism, social revolution and batshit badassery enough for our Liz? Like fuck it was. On a whim Nellie did what any self-respecting 25 year old woman in the 1800s would do - she emulated Jules Verne’s Around the World in Eighty Days, and did it in 72.
- Millions followed her journey, and its appeal to a semi-literate populace resulted in greatly increased newspaper readership. So while travelling the entire globe (IN THE 1800s, AS A WOMAN) by ship, train, burro and balloon, she helped the world to read.
- Having essentially conquered the entire goddamn universe before hitting 30, Nellie retired, and wed 72 year old industrialist Robert Seaman. Their marriage was a happy one, and after his death she took over Iron Clad Manufacturing Co.
- But Lizzie was a writer, what would she know about the metal industry? Well, she INVENTED the steel barrel that became the model for the widely used 55-gallon drum and turned her inherited businesses into multimillion-dollar companies, so apparently a fuck ton.
- Furthermore, she set a precedent for working conditions, ensuring her workers had good pay, gymnasiums, staffed libraries, and health care, all completely unheard of at the time, while still writing to further the plight of the Suffragette movement.
- Nellie may have died age 58 of pneumonia, but HBICs live on forever.
Um, holy shit.
Wow. Why the hell have I never heard of her before?
Because she’s not a man.
DAN: When you do interviews, you’re faced with the choice to either be the most boring person on earth or just get ridiculous things written about you from time to time
JOSH HOROWITZ: Sometimes it might be good to be boring
DAN: It might be but I just get bored of myself
[Happy 25th Birthday Daniel Radcliffe! (23 July 1989)]
ice skating or skiing
pink or blue
glass or mug
dimples or freckles
mcdonalds or kfc
house or apartment
plane or boat
car or motorcycle
bikes or roller skates
gun or bow
sword or knife
lizard or hamster
villain or hero
coffee or tea
math or english
english or science
apple or orange juice
fruit or vegetables
Hey guys! I just got back from Berlin last night and I brought a Mesut Özil coke bottle there which was pretty much the highlight of my trip. :D
I have to go and pack now because I’m going to Madrid at the dead of night tomorrow. I’m never this active so I don’t know if I can take all this travelling.
Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Watson attend the Christian Dior show as part of Paris Fashion Week - Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2014-2015 Held at Musee Rodin on July 7, 2014 in Paris, France
'You could've taken anyone!’ said Ron in disbelief over dinner. ‘Anyone! And you chose Loony Lovegood?’
'Don't call her that, Ron,' snapped Ginny, pausing behind Harry on her way to join friends. 'I'm really glad you're taking her, Harry, she's so excited.'
as always, who is sentimental about their friendship? Not me, of course